41. humming

I started to get sick (again) about a week ago. I actually have a theory that my body knows when I'm about to get kissed (or asked for a kiss) and makes me start to get sick. At the beginning of the year, I woke up sick one day, and I was asked for a kiss by two different guys (it was a strange day, that's not how most of them go; also, I declined both.) And last week, I woke up sick again, and sure enough was asked to be kissed by someone.

Anyway, about two days ago, I was having trouble sleeping, because I would keep coughing, which would make me wake up. It's frustrating and tiring, especially since sleep deprivation is what got me sick in the first place. The next day, my roommate told me that she couldn't sleep either, not because of my coughing, but because of my humming. Humming? This confused the hell out of me. According to her, I was humming in my sleep between every cough. This was weird to me, because I've never done this before, and I was under the impression I was awake when I was supposedly humming. This also freaked out my roommate, because I've never done this before, and it was a very weird habit for me to start. I was humming the next night, and the night after. I took a nap today, and while I was falling asleep, I was pretty sure I could hear myself humming. I was very weirded out. So my roommate and I googled this, and once we weeded out the answers attributing it to some sort of disorder, we found an article of a woman who hummed in her sleep whenever she was going through a big change in her life or when she was recovering from being ill. I assumed it was therefore my sickness that caused this strange incident, and hoped that it meant I wouldn't be sick for much longer.
I am still a bit unnerved by this new information about myself, and I wonder if it is something that will stick with me. I hope I don't scare any future spouses of mine.

always with love, Bella Montague

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

34. BIRTHDAY

24. organ eyes

37. commercial experience